Diglot
Denmark
Joined 5143 days ago

162 posts - 257 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, English
Studies: German, Serbo-Croatian, French, Russian, Esperanto

Message 2 of 6
03 January 2013 at 12:24pm | IP Logged 
Ćao care! Poželim ti sreću s učenjem, ali primijetio sam da si napravio malu grešku. Piše
se "u Americi", jer je rijeć ženskog spola (feminine), a ovakav je oblik u lokativu. K se
mijenja u c ispred i u ovom slučaju.

Hey man, I wish you good look with your studies, but I noticed that you made a small
mistake. It's written "in America", because the word is of the feminine gender, and this
is the form in locative. K changes into a c in front of i in this case.

Edited by Danac on 03 January 2013 at 12:24pm

1 person has voted this message useful

HodorIsKing
Diglot
United States
Joined 4144 days ago

6 posts - 6 votes
Speaks: English*, Latin
Studies: French, Spanish, Croatian

Message 3 of 6
04 January 2013 at 6:40am | IP Logged 

Edited by HodorIsKing on 25 September 2020 at 6:36pm

HodorIsKing
Diglot
United States
Joined 4144 days ago

6 posts - 6 votes

Message 4 of 6
11 January 2013 at 4:44am | IP Logged 

HodorIsKing
Diglot
United States
Joined 4144 days ago

6 posts - 6 votes

Message 5 of 6
21 January 2013 at 3:37am | IP Logged 

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6951 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 6 of 6
21 January 2013 at 5:15am | IP Logged 
HodorIsKing wrote:
[...]The materials I'll be using are: Colloquial Croatian;
Spoken World: Croatian; Pimsleur's Conversational Croatian; Complete Croatian (Teach
Yourself Guide); Beginner's Croatian (Hippocrene); and Magner's classic Introduction to the Croatian and Serbian Language. Wow, writing that out, it seems like a lot! Most of them were used, though, so I only spent a SMALL fortune, don't worry :)[...]

Bog Adrian!

You may already know this, but in case that you don't, the audio for Magner's book is hosted in .mp3 format in the audio archive of Indiana University.

I "opened my account" many years ago with BCMS/SC using TY Croatian and Magner's book, and after a long hiatus, have started to review my knowledge using TY Serbian, Beginner's Serbian, Spoken World Croatian and Beginner's Croatian. If you're a bit of a grammar hound, I think that you'd like Magner's book, and since there's no answer key to the exercises, feel free to send a PM to me or even post your answers to the exercises of a chapter in your log, and I'll check them for you. I did all of that book's homework and had a Croatian friend check all of my answers.

If you want a bit of a distraction to your studies in the textbooks, there's also this forum's profile for BCMS/SC which has some background information on the language and comments about learning material.

So far I like Spoken World: Croatian even if the dialogues, colloquial as they are, are saddled with actors who speak a little too slowly. It would have been nice if the dialogues were read off/performed at a pace more suitable for their mildly colloquial bent. Beginner's Croatian is also decent and I liken it to Magner's book with more interesting dialogues, but the actors on the CDs seem a little robotic in their delivery for my ears.

Sretno!
Chung

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version